May the Peace of the Season Follow You Into 2019
Santa Says, “I have complied a list to remind you to stay safe during the holidays.”
- Only the most important things need to be done. Leave the rest for later.
- You don’t have to do it all at once. One thing at a time.
- Ask yourself if it will matter tomorrow, next week, next month or next year?
- Eliminate tasks that are unnecessary or that you don’t enjoy.
- Move at a slower pace.No running, walking and pacing is the best choice.
- If you get short of breath, stop and take a break. No one will do the dishes and they can wait for you.
- Break larger task into smaller ones with smaller parts. Eventually it all gets done.
- Don’t talk during activity. It will waste precious oxygen.
Pursed Lip Breathe:
- Always use Pursed Lip Breathing during exertion.
- As you go along your daily tasks don’t forget to breathe.
- Breathe deep abdominal breathes.
- Stop during tasks to take a long deep breath.
- Hold a deep breath for the count of 4, then exhale for the count of 6.
Make A Plan:
- Plan your day the night before the big event.
- Find new ways to adapt to activities instead of eliminating them.
- Schedule tasks so that you can break them up into smaller tasks over the week.
- Don’t try to do too much at one time. Take baby steps and be happy with the win.
- Stop before you get short of breath.
- Do higher energy and harder tasks first, completing one per day.
- When you get tired, STOP!
- Make tasks easier, complete them at waist level.
- Use a high stool at the counter.
- Always have step stools available, to prevent reaching.
- Use a shower stool while bathing, and warm it with hot water before using it!
- Have chairs and stools at locations around the home to create resting spots.
Don’t Get Distracted:
- Try to stick to the task at hand and get it done, rest, then go on to the next task.
- Don’t allow yourself to get distracted.
- Never lose sight of your goals.
- Learn to delegate larger tasks or break it down to smaller chunks..
- Reach out and ask for help, don’t hesitate. Allow others to show you how much they care.
- Reach up and ask your higher power for strength.
- Reach in and find your inner strength. Find that hidden strength.
- Regenerate with food and exercise.
- Ask yourself, as you would ask any loved one, “Am I OK?”
- A positive attitude will only give your life better.
- Meditate at least once a day.
- Give thanks for this life.
- Practice Mindfulness.
- Stay in the moment.
- Know Yourself.
- Its Christmas and you and I have survived another year.
- Sing, Enjoy,